Home Blog Attending a Court Hearing with Zoom
If you have a pending felony or misdemeanor case, you may be required to attend that hearing via Zoom. Although you are participating in your hearing from home, Court rules and standards still apply. You should act the way you would if you were in the courtroom in person. See below for some tips and reminders to ensure you have a successful Zoom hearing.
- Download the Zoom app in advance and practice using Zoom with your attorney prior to your hearing.
- Include your full first and last name when signing in for your hearing, so attendees can easily identify you.
- Before your hearing: Connect your device to power. Ensure your internet connection is good.
Test your video & audio. Turn off all audio disruptions (phones, message/email alerts, TVs, etc.)
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately as if you were in the courtroom in person.
- For men, it is recommended you wear a suit or at minimum a shirt and tie.
- For women, dress conservatively and avoid wearing anything revealing.
- Be mindful to cover any tattoos as well.
- Ensure you are in a quiet and well-lit room so you can be clearly seen by hearing attendees.
- Make sure you are against a plain background so there are minimal distractions during your hearing.
Posted by CLM Law Firm
Photo by Allie on Unsplash